Delux® MH-2000 Upstream Soap Injector Kit (8-10 GPM)
The MH-2000 is designed to make upstream soap injection easy.
- Adjustable chemical metering valve
- 3/4" brass gate valve
- 1/4" ball valve
- 3/4" 2000 PSI T fittings
- Galvanized nipples
- 1" brass hose barb inlet and outlet
- 5/8" hose barb for the unloader bypass hose
Installation of the MH-2000 takes about 30 minutes! This system requires a water tank in order to function properly.
- Assemble all of the pieces as shown in the illustration above. Use teflon tape to seal the joints between fittings.
- You will need to supply hose clamps, inlet hose, bypass hose, and soap line hose. We also recommend a soap strainer, a can strainer, and a pressure gauge attached to your pump.
- Connect your supply hose from your water tank to the hose barb closest to the gate valve. (Top right of the illustration)
- Connect your soap line the the quarter inch hose barb near the metering valve. (bottom of the illustration)
- Connect a supply hose to the opposite end of the unit and run it to the inlet of your pressure washer pump.
- Connect a hose to the return port from your unloader bypass port.
You can attach the MH-2000 to your pressure washer frame with U-bolts.
Operation is simple
- Turn on your machine.
- Pull the trigger.
- Turn the gate valve to restrict the flow of water from your fill tank. This will create a vacuum. Watch your pressure gauge for a drop in pressure. Look for a loss of about 100 psi.
- Open the ball valve on the soap line.
- Turn the metering valve to adjust the flow of soap.
Upstream injection is best for soaps with a PH of 6 to 9.5. Strong acids and bases are not recommended for this technique.